Information Technology Audits, (IT Audits), or Information Systems Audits, (IS Audits) reflect the examination of the management controls within an information technology infrastructure. This is done in an effort to assure the safeguarding of assets, maintaining data integrity, and operating effectively to achieve the organization's goals or objectives.
Medical Practice IT Solutions offers several types and levels of audits:
- General Systems & Network Audit - An audit designed to evaluate and review basic network infrastructure, currency of softwares and equipment, data and backup integrity, and basic accounting.
- Systems and Applications - An audit to verify that systems and applications are appropriate, efficient, and adequately controlled to ensure valid, reliable, timely, and secure input, processing, and output at all levels of a system's activity.
- Systems Development - An audit to verify that the systems under development meet the objectives of the organization, and to ensure that the systems are developed in accordance with generally accepted standards.
- Management of IT and Enterprise Architecture - An audit to verify that IT management has developed an organizational structure and procedures to ensure a controlled and efficient environment for information processing.
- Client/Server, Telecommunications, Intranets, and Extranets - An audit to verify that telecommunications controls are in place on the client (computer receiving services), server, and on the network connecting the clients and servers.
The IT Audit Process
- 1. Planning
- 2. Studying and Evaluating Controls where necessary
- 3. Testing and Performance Evaluatiion of existing Controls
- 4. Reporting
- 5. Follow-up, if required by audit
Don't think your systems are okay, know they are with a secure, complete audit from Medical Practice IT Solutions.
Contact us to see which is right for you.
Medical Practice IT Solutions: 318-336-4334